Life After Camp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life After Camp

Experience Life After CHB.

HomeSite StatusSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Life After Camp! We are still giving out free pies if you join! (We're running out though, so join while you can.)

Hospital in London

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elleon
Pokemon
Elleon

Hospital in London Empty
PostSubject: Hospital in London   Hospital in London I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Ellie walked into class, a gloomy shadow across her face. One of her classmates noticed her and ran right up to her, giving her a big hug.

"Oh Ellie," she said empathetically, "I heard what happened with your dad. I'm so sorry."

Ellie just tried not to get choked up. She couldn't even bring herself to hug this good friend back.

The girl backed up and held Ellie by her shoulders. "Let me know if there's something I can do, okay?"

Ellie just nodded, silently wishing Brian were here so sheer could make her laugh... He was so good at doing that, even when she felt so terrible.

The girl nodded, understanding she wanted to be left alone and went to her seat.

Ellie sat down, trying so hard not to draw attention to herself, but it seemed like everyone knew, even if they didn't. She tried to pay attention to her lectures, but she couldn't get her mind off two things: the loss of her father and getting back in bed with Brian. It was an emotional roller-coaster as her mind swapped back and fourth between the two. She felt so mournful about her father, but at the same time she had been so happy with Brian the day before. She felt kind of guilty for giving into her pleasures so shortly after his death, but at the same time she didn't want to lose her chance with the one person she loved the very most. After mulling through her emotions all day, Ellie realized she couldn't remember what had been talked about through any of her classes as she was riding the train home. She suddenly became stressed over school on top of her emotional conflict, so the rational side of her brain took over for a minute. She took a deep breath and phoned one of her classmates.

"Uh this is Ellie, do you think I could borrow your notes from today? I was having a hard time paying attention..." She listened for the answer, said, "Thanks so much," and hung up. At least that would be settled. The train came to her stop, she got off, and headed to Brian's flat.
Back to top Go down
Elleon
Pokemon
Elleon

Hospital in London Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital in London   Hospital in London I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:51 am

It had been a normal day for Ellie. She had been running around the hospital all day doing various simple tasks—filing documents, organizing patient files, getting coffee for the employees—normal stuff an intern like herself would be doing. Midway through the day, she switched her brain on for learning. Not only was she learning about how the hospital ran, but she was also learning how to be a doctor as a med student. She was the top of her class, which was why she had the internship in the first place. On this particular day, instead of being in a classroom like usual, the instructor took them out for a lab day, where they would be able to be at the patient's bedside, ready to apply their knowledge. It was a sort of, real-world test for them to show off how much they had learned.

The instructor brought them to the clinic where a woman was sitting and explained her symptoms: fatigue, nausea, lower backaches, and other minor symptoms. Ellie's hand immediately shot up as she recognized the symptoms as pregnancy. She was correct. For the rest of the exploration, Ellie was nearly almost always accurate in her diagnoses and received much praise in her brilliant treatment suggestions, but throughout the day, her mind kept dwelling on the pregnant woman, because she wanted to know more about that woman's circumstances.

Even for someone as bright as Ellie was, it took her a while to piece together why exactly she had taken so much interest in the case. In the middle of a completely unrelated medical case, it hit her. She might just be pregnant herself. She thought back on the last couple weeks, having noticed some symptoms: backaches, feeling more tired than normal, and she was even very nauseous the other day. Ellie began to be slightly fearful, quickly realizing how stupid she and Brian had been... They hadn't even really thought about any protection, not to mention they didn't use it. Ellie tried to calm herself, telling herself that she might not actually be pregnant. That was just when the instructor called on her.

“Ellie,” he said, “What do you think is wrong with this man?”

Ellie paused, having not heard any of the symptoms or basically anything he had said. “Uh... I don't know,” she said, slightly embarrassed.

The instructor frowned, unhappy with her response and asked another student who promptly gave an acceptable answer.

Ellie hung her head, upset for letting herself get distracted like that, but she couldn't help but let her mind drift back to it again. She thought back to how many times they had gone at it and began to get overwhelmed. As she followed the rest of the class out of the room, the instructor pulled her aside and asked her if she was okay.

“I'm fine. I just... have some things on my mind,” Ellie said to him and he just nodded and continued on his way to the next patient. For the rest of the day, Ellie had to keep telling herself that she'd just have to wait and see if her thoughts were true. She grew incredibly quiet and anxious throughout the rest of the day, silently reprehending herself for being so stupid in not taking the most basic of precautions. After that it seemed like things had moved so fast between them... They had been in a long relationship, so it just sort of made sense, but, thinking back, Ellie felt like the events between her and Brian in the last few weeks just seemed so rushed. Although, at the same time, Ellie was completely happy with her decisions. She knew she should have thought about the consequences before hand, but decided for herself that dwelling on those decisions wasn't the answer. No matter what happened, she still loved Brian and she could get through this. She just had to forgive herself and move on at this point.

Before she went home, Ellie made sure to take a trip to the pharmacy to pick up a test. She had thought about using the tests back at the hospital, but figured she should wait so that they could find out together.
Back to top Go down

Hospital in London
Page 1 of 1